Oh, coffee. How you fuel me.
I never really thought of myself a big coffee drinker. But really, I can’t function without it, even though I don’t drink that much of it. I rarely even finish the two cups I make every morning. But still, just the smell, the quick taste of it, gets me going.
Recently, (and I’ve been strangely over excited about this) I’ve been making my own iced coffee. First, I bought a pitcher and some colorful tumblers (of course, the outfit always comes first). You can double brew the coffee and keep it in the fridge for a few days. I even made some coffee ice cubes so my iced coffee doesn’t get watered down. Add a big splash of skim milk and I’m ready to start the hot summer day!
Anyway…getting to the sweet stuff…. I’ve been looking for a new frosting for my go-to one bowl chocolate cupcakes. Inspired by my coffee love, I whipped up this mocha beauty.
Truly, these are cupcakes for breakfast. :)
- 8oz (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee, dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate (I used leftover Easter candy) to grate and decorate