…and I’m bringing…Thin Mint brownies!
I had the most lovely weekend. It was just perfect weather in DC. I spent so much time outside enjoying my awesome city. I saw so many wonderful people. I ate well. I ran. I danced. I drank. I baked these Thin Mint brownies and brought them to a fun picnic. What doesn’t sound good about this weekend? Seriously, I’m a happy girl right now.
I whipped these brownies up pretty quickly right before a birthday party picnic on Saturday. Actually, I took them right out of the oven to right out the door. By the time we reached out picnic site, they had cooled and turned out to be a fantastic dessert for our party in Rock Creek Park. Simple with a little Girl Scout surprise on the bottom! (Oh, and they went just perfectly with proseco and Italian soda served under the table in plastic cups!)
Thin Mint Brownies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 325º and spray the bottom of an 8″x8″ pan with nonstick spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with Thin Mint cookies.
- Microwave the butter and chocolate in a bowl for 1 minute, stir, heat for 30 seconds longer and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and chocolate until completely combined using a spatula. Add the vanilla and eggs, and combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder. Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly over the cookies.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
I know, I know. These look just like normal brownies…until you turn them over!
What did you do this weekend? Does anything sweet stick out as your favorite moment?