Hello there! I’m so excited to kick off my Valentine’s Week guest post series! We’re starting it off with a cute DIY and a fantastic giveaway from Suite Paperie – my great friend and creative soundboard. Happy love week!
• • •
Hi, Becca here from Suite Paperie in NYC. I’m so excited to be guest posting here on Cupcakes for Breakfast. It’s one of my all time favorite blogs; constantly filled with beautiful inspiration for the home, recipes and fashion. Today we are doing a great Valentine’s Day giveaway that includes a vintage tin cigarette case and the perfect sentiment for your man. We’ll also be sharing a super fast and easy DIY Valentine’s Day card. Read on, enjoy and good luck in the giveaway!
DIY Gold Foil Dot Valentine’s Day Card
What you’ll need:
* You can make your own liner out of any paper you may have lying around. Get creative here- think wrapping paper, newspaper, magazine pages or even scraps of fabric you might have will work. Trace the envelope onto your desired liner and cut about 1/4″ inside your trace line. Cut of half an inch at the bottom of the liner and you should be good to go! Place your liner in your envelope, fold the flap down and crease your liner into the fold line. Secure your liner with double sided tape and there you have it- a custom envelope liner.
Now onto the card.
- Cut your gold sticker paper into small 1-2″ strips and peel off the backing – this way, your punched out circles will be ready to stick.
- Once you’ve got about 30 circles punched go ahead and start sticking them to the top quarter of your card. No pattern is needed, just leave some space between the dots. We even folded some of our dots over the top of the card to give the “full bleed” effect.
- Finish sticking all of your dots to your card so that the entire top quarter of the card is covered with your pattern.
- Write a love note and seal with a kiss
Suite Paperie created this one of a kind vintage valentine and one lucky reader will win it just in time to give to their valentine. The “Smokin’ Hot” valentine comes with a mini cherry flavored cigar tied with a crimson ribbon all tucked away in a gorgeous vintage tin cigarette case. To enter, “like” Suite Paperie and Cupcakes for Breakfast on Facebook and leave a comment below telling us that you did so. I’ll announce the winner on Thursday and Becca will mail the card right away!