This post is for my family. Mostly for my older brother who loves every banana. And is graciously letting me film My Family Recipe Rocks with Joey Fatone at his apartment.
It’s a week away and I’m a bit stressed out about it, honestly. Forget the whole spending a day with Joey thing (just trying not to think about that.) But I have a cook some complicated recipes on camera, which is new to me.
So I’m practicing a lot beforehand. Testing out the recipes, talking to my mom and aunts and uncles about how they make them. While I have so many nerves, I’m feeling more and more connected to the food I’m cooking. They’re recipes that mean something to me and my family. They so many memories attached to them. This is another reason this show means so much to me. It’s not just about Joey or making my tween dreams come true. This show is about everything that means something to me. Food and family and passions.
This banana cupcake recipe is like everything else I’m preparing for the show. Simple, sweet, and full of flavor memories. These might just be the cupcakes I bake for Joey next week!
One-Bowl Banana Cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tins with 24 paper cups.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly incorporate the eggs, oil, bananas, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour evenly into cupcake tins and bake for 20 minutes, rotating pans half-way through, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on to a wire rack completely before frosting.
Dulce De Leche Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese. Add in dulce de leche and vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate confectioners’ sugar until sweetened to your liking. Frost cupcakes.