It’s a new week and I’m ready to dive in and GSD at both work and in life. I pump myself up at the beginning of each week to do this but it’s not easy. There are distractions. I get tired. Things don’t go as planned.
I’m going to keep trying to do things differently until I get them right. Maybe I need to shut off some of the noise. Maybe I need to pay closer attention to my to-do lists. Maybe I should just come up with some better rewards for myself.
I pretty much reward myself every day with dessert, so dessert isn’t so much a reward. But if I am going to treat myself, it better be with something chocolate and fudgy…and these double chocolate raspberry brownies do just the trick. Whip them up Sunday so you can treat yourself all throughout the week. Or late on a weekday after a tough day so you can lick the bowl and share with coworkers the next day. They heal, they cheer, they perk you up, they put a smile on your face. Enough said.
Double Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 6 oz dark chocolate (chips or chopped)
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate (chips or chopped)
- 8 oz butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 6 oz (raspberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and eggs. Mix in cooled chocolate. Slowly incorporate the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix to combine.
- Pour into a greased cake pan and top the mixture with the raspberries. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.