I’ve had many friends joke with me recently about how my food blog is well, lacking food. My apologies! I’m just having too much fun going out with these friends almost every night to be at home and bake. This is a good problem to have and I’m totally happy with it.
I had a little time this week squeeze in a baking project though, so I’ll end this week by sharing a recipe I started the week with: this super comforting chocolate chip peanut butter cookie pie. I made this simple dessert for some friends on Sunday night for the premiere of season two of Downton Abbey. It was the perfect thing to nosh on while getting lost in the romantic countryside setting and Crawley family drama.
Cookie pie is a perfect comfort food. Like a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie, but with some crunchy peanut butter mixed in and served deep dish like a pie. Um, what’s not to love here? This is an easy one folks. So when the winds gust up and it’s pretty chilly outside, spend a few minutes to whip this one up. You won’t be disappointed.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsps salt
- 6 Tbs butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Beat on high for a bit. Add the egg until fully combined
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing well until incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour and press batter into a 9″ round pan (mine is silicone so I don’t need to butter/flour/line with paper – but if you need to, do so now).
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes. (You still want it to be a little soft in the middle)
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then release the cake. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!