It was such a slow, dreary, rainy, gray day! Seriously the only thing that got me out of the warm, cozy bed was the chance to wear this new sweater dress, that I paired with plaid wellies and long sparkly necklaces. So yeah, great outfit. Blah day.
That outfit got me through this day and also the excitement of going home to style my new bookshelf. (I know I’m not weird for loving these two things because I’m positive some of my readers do too!) So yesterday, I bought a giant wall unit at Ikea and my wonderful boyfriend assembled it all in just an hour. Superman.
So while he was busy being awesome and building my shelf, I decided to get into the kitchen and bake something. I call this thing a food blog and when was the last time I actually wrote about food? Plus I have that perfect pink stand mixer that’s just begging me to use it. He and I both love Oreos so I decided to bake these simple cookies based on our favorite cookie and his awesomeness.
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick softened butter
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- (I probably should have put equal parts brown sugar in these too but I forgot)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 Oreo Cookies broken in quarters
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar(s). Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture until incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips and Oreos.
- Scoop on to cookie trays and bake for 10 minutes. Makes about 20 cookies.
These cookies also were just perfect for the rainy day. (Plus, they kind of even matched my new dress!) I hope it clears up soon….I love fall, but I want to spend time outside with the changing leaves…not in this ugly, cold weather. Well for now, at least I’ve got some cookies, and a fun bookshelf project!