Hello friends. I’ve been missing blogging terribly. Life just gets in the way sometimes. I know we all feel that every once in a while. I don’t have time to tell a long story now, but boy I wish I could. But even posting this is indulgent enough for me. How about you? What have you done recently to feed your soul and add a little oomph to your life? How about making some decadent brownies? I started with my basic brownie recipe here…but then added a cheesecake element and then why not throw in some nutella too? Sometimes we just need a little indulgence….
Nutella Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 oz Philly Cream Cheese
- 2 tbs softened butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup hot cocoa powder mix (I didn’t have regular cocoa powder and this worked just fine)
- Mini chocolate chips (as many as you want!)
- Heat oven to 350º and spray an 8′x8′ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the cream cheese topping ingredients together. Set aside.
- Microwave the butter and chocolate squares in a bowl for 1 minute, stir, heat for 30 seconds longer and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and chocolate until completely combined. Add the vanilla and eggs.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder. Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Spread evenly into an 8′x8′ baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
Be back soon in full force I promise!!