Gosh, don’t you just love the comfort of a peanut butter and banana sandwich? They remind me of my dad….one of his favorite foods that I often shared with him when I was little. There’s a creaminess and a stickiness that’s just so simple and delightful.
So I made it into a cupcake… banana cake (one of my favorite bases) with a fluffy peanut butter cream cheese frosting. But I couldn’t stop there. Before frosting the cupcakes, I topped the cakes with a little swirl of nutella. But, of course!
These are a little decadent, but the banana and the peanut butter keep them humble. Something I really love about these cupcakes. They’re totally unpretentious.
One Bowl Banana Cupcakes
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
Preheat oven to 350°. Line enough muffin tins with paper liners for 30 cupcakes.
- Mix the ingredients in the order listed in a large bowl, starting with the wet ingredients and moving to the dry ones.
- Bake for twenty minutes, rotating the pan mid-way.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Beat the cream cheese and the butter together.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla and continue to mix well.
- Slowly add the sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Pipe on to cupcakes.