…and more chocolate?
Really, it’s a girl’s best friend. So, I thought I’d share my favorite chocolate frosting recipe.
I baked these chocolate cupcakes late one night, let them cool, and in the morning before work, I whipped up this frosting. Let me tell you…every morning should smell like chocolate frosting. It might be better than coffee. So, you may have to wake up a little earlier, but if you’re going to make this frosting, do me a favor and do it in the morning. You’ll have such a sweet day.
Good Morning Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 ounces finely chopped chocolate
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add just enough milk to make a paste, then stir in the rest.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (make sure you’re getting the corners of the pan) until mixture comes to a boil. Boil gently, and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Cover the surface of the frosting with wax paper and let cool until spreadable.
Have a sweet day.