Yesterday was College Colors Day across the nation and this year we really celebrated at GW. As the coordinator of this event, I couldn’t be happier with everyone’s participation. Thanks to everyone who wore their buff and blue and bought new Colonials gear!
Of course I couldn’t resist wearing something sparkly or making cupcakes….
I’ll post this vanilla cupcake recipe because it was really easy and they still came out well, but I definitely wasn’t in love with them. Still looking for a good yellow cake recipe, so if you have one, please do share!
Buff and Blue Cupcakes
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, room tempature
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until combined. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and cream.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating pans half-way.
Frost with my favorite cream cheese frosting. (Divide into two bowls and use food coloring to dye frosting.)