I hope everyone had an excellent 4th of July weekend!
I had an excellent time with friends and family… farmer’s market, shopping, great meals in DC, the Nats game and fireworks on the mall.
For the party I went to, I made this easy no-bake cheesecake with fresh berries. I seriously recommend making this for a summer party. It’s cool, refreshing and so sweet. You can’t see it in these photos, but the best part is definitely the middle layer of mixed berry compote. Oh, the graham cracker crust is pretty fantastic too. Ok, it’s all great.
Happy 4th and happy summer!
No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Pie
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mixed blueberries and raspberries (or really any fruit) + extra for decorating
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, 3/4 cup sugar, water and berries over medium heat. Stir until it thickens. Set aside to cool.
- Make graham cracker crumbs and combine with butter. Press into pie pan to form crust.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1-1/2 cups sugar and vanilla. Fold in cool whip.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture in the pie pan.
- Layer the cooled berry mixture on top.
- Top off with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
- Decorate with fresh berries.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep cold.