I had made a galette earlier this summer and my brother asked me to make another one while we were on vacation on Nantucket. This is one of the most simple and delicious desserts. It also looks so impressive – like right out of Parisean bakery. We picked out fresh fruit from Bartlett’s Farm – the sweet but natural flavors are perfect for a summer dessert.
- Frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 peaches, sliced or 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 400° Place wax paper on a baking sheet and roll out pie crust on top.
- In a bowl, combine: blueberries, peaches flour and sugar.
- Place fruit mixture in the middle of the pie crust.
- Begin folding the edge of crust in, around the fruit — this will naturally create the beautiful folds of the galette. Cut up butter into small pieces and place on top of fruit.
- Sprinkle the outer crust with some sugar.
- Bake for 25 min or until crust is golden brown. Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.